A. Gladiator May Collect Any of the Following Information.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION. We may collect personal information to identify you, including, but not limited to, your legal name, age, civil status, occupation; your contact information, including email address and or telephone numbers; your demographic information such as postal code, residential and commercial addresses; your preferences and interests; and other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
- NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION. We may collect non-personal information such as your browser type, your ISP or operating system, the URL of the previous website you visited, and your IP address, none of which can be easily used to identify you.
- COOKIES INFORMATION. A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or informs you about your use of a particular website. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual, tailoring its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. When you visit the Website, Gladiator may send one or more cookies (i.e., a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters) to your computer that identifies your browser. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you disable cookies you may be prevented from taking full advantage of the Website because it may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
B. What Gladiator Does With the Information We Gather.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION. We require your personal information to understand your needs and to provide you with a better online experience. Specifically, we may use the personal information you provide for any of the following reasons: Internal record keeping. To improve our products and services. To periodically send promotional emails to the email address you provide regarding new products, special offers or other information that we think you may find interesting. We may also use your information to contact you, via email, telephone, facsimile or mail, or for market research purposes, including, but not limited to, the customization of the Website according to your interests.
- NON-PERSONAL AND COOKIES INFORMATION. Gladiator tracks user traffic patterns throughout all of our sites. We do not, however, correlate this information with data about individual users. Gladiator breaks down overall usage statistics according to a user's domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user's browser). Gladiator sometimes tracks and catalogs the search terms which users enter in our "Search" function, but this tracking is never associated with individual users. The tracking information helps us to determine which areas of our sites users like and do not like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall, which helps us continuously develop a better service for you. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our Website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie does not give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
C. Optional Voluntary Information. At Gladiator's sole discretion, we may offer any of the following services, which require voluntary submission of personal information by users:
- ELECTRONIC NEWSLETTERS AND RSS/ATOM (DISPATCHES). Gladiator may offer a free electronic newsletter to users. Gladiator gathers the email addresses of users who voluntarily subscribe. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by following the link provided in every newsletter that points users to the subscription management page. Users can also subscribe to the newsletters at the time of registration.
- "E-MAIL THIS TO A FRIEND" POLICY. Gladiator may offer users the ability to electronically forward a link, page, or document to someone else by clicking "email this to a friend." To do so, the user must provide his or her email address, as well as that of the recipient. This information is used only in the case of transmission errors and, of course, to let the recipient know who sent the email. The information is not used for any other purpose.
- POLLING. Gladiator may offer interactive polls to users so they can easily share their opinions with other users and see what our audience thinks about important issues. Opinions or other responses to polls are aggregated and are not identifiable to any particular user. Gladiator may use a system to "tag" users after they have voted, so they can vote only once on a particular question. This tag is not correlated with information about individual users.
- SURVEYS. Gladiator may conduct user surveys from time to time to better target our content to our audience. We sometimes share the demographic information obtained from these surveys with our sponsors, advertisers and partners. We will not, however, share any of this information about specific individuals with any third party.
- CONTESTS AND DRAWINGS. Gladiator may offer users the opportunity to participate in contests and drawings. It is anticipated that participation in these contests and drawings will require the submission of personal information to identify the participant, including, but not limited to, your legal name, age, civil status, occupation; your contact information, including email address and or telephone numbers; your demographic information such as postal code, residential and commercial addresses; your preferences and interests; and other information that may be relevant to the contest or drawing. Some Gladiator contests and drawings may be sponsored by third-parties in which case said third-parties may require access to participants personal information as listed above.
D. Children. Consistent with the Federal Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will not knowingly request, collect, or maintain personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without verified parental consent. No part of the Website is intended for anyone under the age of 13. If Gladiator learns that personally identifiable information of anyone under the age of 13 has been collected on the Website without verified parental consent, then Gladiator will promptly take the appropriate steps to remove this information.
E. Security. Gladiator is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Your information is stored on our servers located in the United States. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and utilize many tools (e.g. encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the Website. Although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise and cannot guarantee, and thus you should not expect that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
- INFORMATION DISCLOSED TO UNAFFILIATED THIRD PARTIES. Gladiator may disclose your personal information to prevent an emergency, to protect or enforce our rights, to protect or enforce the rights of a third party, or as required by law (e.g. to comply with a subpoena or court order). Specifically, we may disclose your information to a third party that alleges that you have infringed their intellectual property rights in any Submitted Material.
- INFORMATION DISCLOSED TO THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS. We may contract with various third parties for the provision and maintenance of the Website. Gladiator will use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent such third parties from disclosing your personal information, except for the purpose of providing the specific services. Gladiator, however, cannot guarantee that such third parties will not disclose your personal information.
F. Links to Other Websites. The Website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over the other website to which you are directed. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
G. Controlling Your Personal Information. You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the Website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed that Gladiator could use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required to do so by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties that we think you may find interesting if you inform us that you wish this to happen.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small administrative fee may be required. If you would like a copy of the information found to be incorrect.
H. In the Event of a Change of Control or Bankruptcy. In the event that Gladiator undergoes a change in control, including without limitation, a merger, or sale of all or substantially all of its assets, and is thus acquired by or merged with a third party entity (a "Successor"), Gladiator hereby reserves the right to transfer or assign the information we have collected from any users of the Website to such Successor. You will be notified by a notice on the Website of any such change in ownership or control, which may cause the transfer of your personal information. In addition, in the event of Gladiator's bankruptcy, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application or laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, Gladiator may not be able to control how your personal information is transferred, used, or treated."