Dan "Nitro" Clark here. Time for another dose of "Nitro Friday 5!" A short list of gems -- that I'm loving, digging and using in my life for peak performance, motivation and inspiration.
- Gear I'm excited about -- Lacrosse Balls. These little inexpensive buggers ($9.99 2-pack) are an essential deep tissue, trigger point recovery tool. I keep one in my office, house, car and in my luggage. No need to buy the fancy "massage version." Big 5 also carries them by the 5 pack ($20). How to use these? Start with the Mobility Wod below.
- Recovery for Destroyed legs -- The running, sprint interval training and squats - the past few weeks have left my quads DESTROYED. If you're suffering from quad, hip issues try this awesome Mobility WOD (6 minutes) from super-performance coach Kelly Starrett. K-Starr's Mobility WODS have saved me from the doctor's office numerous times!
- Supplement -- The MOST important supplement your not using is MAGNESIUM. 21 reasons why you need it. It is a co-factor in over 350 enzymatic reactions in the body. It is necessary for the energy metabolism, muscular activity, heart function, detoxification, healthy bones, improving insulin sensitivity. If you're crushing your training sessions, your need is even greater!
- Book I am reading -- Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Super Athletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen. I'm recommending this book for a 2nd week - it's that good! It's currently being developed into a feature film starring Matthew McConaughey and was voted book of the year by the Washington Post.
- Quote I'm pondering -- "Sometimes you win. Sometimes you learn." Winning is great but learning is just as important even if you win. I'm convinced this is the how champions think. Learn to love learning.
The idea behind the Nitro's Friday Fav 5 is to help you in your journey of living a healthier, happier more fit life. Let me know your thoughts in the comments. Is there something you want more or less of? Is there a tip you liked best?
Have an awesome weekend. Stay inspired!
Dan "Nitro" Clark