Dan "Nitro" Clark here. This weeks "Nitro's Friday 5" has a little special "Nitro Secret Sauce" on how to "prevent" those well-earned hangovers from a glorious Labor Day weekend.
- Purchase I'm excited about -- ASUS pocket projector - this palm-sized projector is a "movie theater" in your pocket. Screen your favorite show or movie for your friends and family while you fire up the barbecue to cap off an awesome Labor Day weekend.
- Supplement (Hangover cure) -- Let's face it, not a lot of us have just one drink on long holiday weekends. There is a way to drink while minimizing the harmful effects of a hangover. Drink a glass of water with each drink. Drink clear (white) liquors. Stay away from beer (most toxins). Pound the vitamin C and B-complex along with cysteine. Mop up what's left with 4 capsules of Activated Charcoal. Here is the science behind why this works.
- The Rolls Royce of Recovery Tools -- I've found the Marc Pro Plus to be the BEST recovery and pain management tool on the market. I use it EVERY day on my knees and lower back, in addition to my quads if I've had a rough week of training. I wanted to find a recover more quickly and find a way to reduce joint pain and inflammation without taking medications that are harmful to the body. It's not cheap. But you are worth it. Use Code: "GLADIATOR" and it'll save you a few bucks plus they'll donate $100 to Wounded Warrior Project for every unit sold.
* I wanted to recover more quickly and find a way to reduce joint pain and inflammation without taking medications that are harmful to the body. *
- Book I am reading -- 59 Seconds: Change Your Life in Under a Minute. A psychologist gives myth-busting response to the self-help movement, with tips to improve your life that come straight from the scientific community.
- This weekend -- A recent study showed that people got more happiness when they had a cool experience opposed to when they purchased a cool product. Take that money you were going to spend on an object and spend it on a cool experience. It'll make you happier. Be sure to take a pic and share the happiness. Here is a glimpse of me practicing what I preach last weekend on Orcas Island, Washington.
Let me know if you are enjoying "Nitro's Friday 5" in the comments section below. Is there something you want more or less of? Is there a tip you liked best?
Have an awesome weekend. Stay inspired!
Dan "Nitro" Clark